Friday, November 19, 2010

What could i use in place of cooking wine? Also how old do you have to be to buy Cooking Wine?

I'm 20 years old and i like to cook with wine, and i dont live at home anymore so i cant buy any. And a few of my recipes ask for red wine, or sherry. Sometimes white wine, but mainly red wine. I was woundering if there was anything i could use in place of the wine or sherry? Also how old do you have to be to buy cooking wine? At my grocery store the cooking wine is by the vinegar, so would i be able to buy it?What could i use in place of cooking wine? Also how old do you have to be to buy Cooking Wine?
yes, the cooking wine next to vinegar is okWhat could i use in place of cooking wine? Also how old do you have to be to buy Cooking Wine?
Substitute with red grape juice. I think in the USA you have to be 21 am I right? White grape juice to replace white wine.
You can't buy cooking wines unless you're 21- anything alcoholic is a negative. But, I recommend substituting the wine for 2:1 parts apple juice and vinegar- works just the same and is even a bit tangier.
I'm 23 and I've never been carded for cooking wine -- I'd give it a shot the worst they can say is no.
Anyone can buy cooking wine, but I'd stay away from cooking wine if I were you, it's full of salt and no substitute for the real thing. If you can't use real wine try some stock instead.
Most large groceries have non-alcoholic wine that is probably going to be as good or better than anything labeled cooking wine.
My first thought was you could buy cooking wine as it's by the vinegar, but I really don't know. Instead of the wine I would use either water or broth or maybe even some red wine vinegar. Have you tried that?
there is a product called sauterne(sp). it is a non alcoholic substitute.
you can buy cooking wine. Also the alcohol cooks off while cooking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment