Friday, November 19, 2010

How would you like your cooking class to be?

I want to organize an intensive Italian Cooking Class. I want to know from you what you would like to learn, how you would like it to be.

I was thinking about meeting twice a week for three weeks, for two hours ( 7-9pm) time to eat what we prepared included.

is this too much time, or too little?

This class would also explore psychological features of eating and would link the cooking experience with cultural facts ( hystory of recipes, cities and landscapes in Italy when they are made...)

do you think you would be interested?

please send me any suggestions you have , or simply your dreams!

thank you!How would you like your cooking class to be?
I think all of that sounds like a fantastic idea. Maybe on your part you could get a local Italian specialty store to help with set up costs or supplying food and in turn you could take the people to that shop to show them the goods and perhaps include a small gift voucher for them to spend there. So many people get the basics in Italian wrong like how to cook pasta well and go overboard making sauces when they are in fact best kept simple. Tiramisu would be good to learn and a good hearty lasagna or eggplant parmigiana. I like people teaching me to talk about their mistakes in the past as they are often amusing and what NOT to do can be as important as what to do.How would you like your cooking class to be?
I'd like my cooking class in my home and about normal dishes cooked light. I'd like you to take me to the supermarket and show me how to shop for the best ingredients and show me how to cook it in my own home with my own stuff. The cultural and psychological features would be great. Maybe you could teach it as we cook.
i would like it to be half doing it yourself and half group work. maybe some experiments with different foods.
Your class should include some of the basic cooking tips such as how to sear food and deglaze a pan for the best flavor. Many people don't know the basics. It should mostly include readily available ingredients and maybe one or two new things for some adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment