Friday, November 19, 2010

How long do I cook 8 4oz porkchops in the oven, breaded, and at what temp?

I have a pack of 8 porkchops, 4 oz each, 32 oz total. I'm just going to bread them. How long do I cook them in the oven, at what temperature? Your answer determines whether or not we all die of salmonella poisoning.How long do I cook 8 4oz porkchops in the oven, breaded, and at what temp?
It depends on how thick the pork chops are. For 8, and if they are of average size, I would say single layer in a pan for about 40-45 minutes at 350. HOWEVER...it also depends on how accurate your oven temp is. And keep in mind, pork chops dry out easily, even with coating. So you might want to cover the pan lightly in foil for the first 30 minutes, then remove for the remaining time left in the oven. ALSO...to insure they are done, test one of the chops in the middle of the pan...cut into it. If it's pink, it's not done. It should be white.How long do I cook 8 4oz porkchops in the oven, breaded, and at what temp?
The best test is to put a thermometer into the thickest part of the chop. You need to get a reading of about 170.
4-6 minutes per side at 180C, turning once.
  • awesome dog names
  • myspace text
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment