Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I gain my confidence before cooking?

See I'm having an execution day where I am going to cook 3 dishes in 1hr 45 mins. The 15 mins is for me to prepare the dishes for presentation. This is for a very important examination, so I am alot nervous than usual. I'm not that confident in cooking because I dont usually cook. Could anyone give me some tips on how to maintain my nervousness before cooking?How do I gain my confidence before cooking?
It is tough, because you probably do not have the means to practice in a similar environment that you will on your test. If you have you meals already planned out though, you should be okay. Know the prep time for each meal. If you can have individual timers set up at your stations, you can keep track of when you need to prepare your dishes. If it is three surprise dished, hopefully you have recipes in mind and know there times for preparation.How do I gain my confidence before cooking?
Cook the night before, with the same time demands and requirements. Practice makes perfect. Then, just know that you can do it. Examinations test what you know, and if you've done it before, then you can go in sure that you know how to do it. Ultimately, just have fun cooking.
Ok, what you need to do is take a class and cook more. Have you ever cooked a lot? I used to cook more, than I have been. I'm generally confident. Sure I feel a little nervous every time, but I don't let it stop me. I have a trick I used. You might figure it out, on your own and not realize it. But whatever you do, don't use one ingredient, when you mean to use antoher. And don't measure too little of anything.
Practice and cook to music. So when you are taking your test you will here the music in your head and it will calm you down.
Practice, practice, practice! Have all of your ingredients measured and prepared, and practice this too. Do you have a friend willing to sit through your practice? Doing it in front of someone (or a group of someones) may help you get more comfortable with the practice. Visualization of soothing places may also help. If technique will be judged, practice in front of a tape recorder so you can review and improve. Good luck!
God won't give you more than you can handle.



For me, if I feel nervous, I take a deep breath, smile and think, ';Okay God, here WE go!';

I no longer imagine I am doing anything here actually ALONE.



If you pass or fail..... it is perfection.... whatever happens will lead you exactly where you are supposed to be.



Cancel out any negative thoughts and replace them with

';I CAN DO THIS, GOD IS WITH ME.';



Blessings!
have a glass of wine or two.......
sounds trite but confidence comes from preparation %26amp; practice. If you have done it successfully in practice over %26amp; over the real thing will be a breeze. good luck!
well just get there practice. if you enjoy cooking it will calm you.

No comments:

Post a Comment