Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the cooking time for a muffin recipe to make a cake?

I have a gorgeous ginger muffin recipe which I know my Granny will love, but she wants a proper birthday cake!

I guess I know the basic principle of lower the temperature and lengthen the cooking time, but I wondered if anyone had any tips as I do not have too much time to do do-overs.How do I change the cooking time for a muffin recipe to make a cake?
Muffin recipes translate to cakes pretty well. Just make sure that when you spread the dough into the pan that you push it up high up the sides and low in the middle as muffins tend to rise higher in the middle than cakes do. Also, make sure you ';spank'; the bottom of the cake pan well to get the air bubbles out. Muffins tend to have a coarser, denser texture than cake as you don't beat the batter as much.How do I change the cooking time for a muffin recipe to make a cake?
easy just keep ypur eye on it you will need to double the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment