Sunday, November 21, 2010

For those who are new to cooking. What are your biggest concerns when it comes to cooking?

Are you worried you won't have the ingredients or that the dish may not turn out as intended? Do you feel like you just don't know how to cook or do you avoid cooking because of the time it takes to prepare a meal? Or is it an image thing...Ladies are you worried about taking on the Betty Crocker or June Cleaver image sometimes associated with cooking? I would love to know the concerns of the new cook. Thanks!For those who are new to cooking. What are your biggest concerns when it comes to cooking?
My biggest fear always was and still is that I won't cook something long enough, especially meat that can make you sick if undercooked!

My husband and I have been married almost a year, so I guess I am still technically a new cook. I'm not really worried with a ';Susie Homemaker'; sort of image; that's an interesting concept. I'd be more concerned about being known as the woman who can't cook, personally.For those who are new to cooking. What are your biggest concerns when it comes to cooking?
For me it's starting a fire =/
I always end up screwing up anything i bake. I worry it wont turn out right... because it never does!
Why would you assume that only women are worried about an image in the kitchen? Many men are great cooks and are never compared with Betty Crocker, June Cleaver or Martha Stewart.
I have a problem remembering that I'm cooking!

I burn everything and have accidentally started 3 fires.. lol
I really like cooking but I mostly stick to the basic things I know how to cook. If I cook it's usually for myself and some friends and for me the most embarrassing thing would be if we had to order take out bc the meal was so bad...



Yeah that's my concern. I like trying new things but am always nervous its going to turn out tasting disgusting, and that my friends will judge me like the Top Chef judges.

No comments:

Post a Comment