Sunday, November 21, 2010

Can I make spaghetti in my crockpot without cooking the noodles first?

I was going to just make the sauce then put it in my crockpot and add the raw noodles and let it finish cooking. Will this work and does anyone know how long it will take for the noodles to cook in the sauce? I won't be home until tonight and don't want it to burn or overcook.Can I make spaghetti in my crockpot without cooking the noodles first?
I wouldn't recommend it. The sauce is a great idea, but adding the pasta would make a gummy, unappetizing mess. Try this for making pasta in a hurry, just add very hot tap water to the pan to decrease your time bringing the water to a boil, add the salt and use angel hair pasta, which is done in 5-7 minutes rather than 9-11 for regular spaghetti.Can I make spaghetti in my crockpot without cooking the noodles first?
yes - I have done that before - just make sure that it is on low
yes u can
You'll probably end up with a crockpot full of mush.
I doubt it. Crockpots are meant to cook slowly and at low heat. If you attempted to cook noodles this way they would waterlog and taste terrible.



I mean... I suppose some people might like the taste of the result, but it won't be traditional spagetti.
Put the noodles in when you get home, they should only take about 10 minutes to cook. If you put them in with everything else at the beginning of the day, they will be mush by the time you get home.
it will work, add extra water to the sauce as the noodles will absorb alot of moisture. cook on low, and perhaps the noodles will not be overcooked.
I think you should cook the noodles first. But i still dont know if its going to work because. I have never tired it before.
you need to have lots of gravy to cook the noodle for it to soften. if your gravy dries up(too little) you might have burnt noodles. even if you have enough gravy, it probably won't taste the same, as it would be soggy(absorbed all the gravy)
yes it does work but if you put the noddles in to early it makes your spaghetti soggy and taste like starch so what i do is cook my noddles drain and rise with warm water add to sauce turn on low and go

No comments:

Post a Comment