Friday, November 19, 2010

After cooking a pot of beans, how long can I keep it on warm?

I made some bean soup overnight in the slowcooker, Now that it is done at 8 am, how long can I keep it warm. We won't be eating until noon. Is it safe to keep it cooking until then? Should I keep it cooking or turn down to warm? Help..I don't want to poison anyone!!!I I won't have time to cool it because I am leaving for curch in an hour and it is for a covered dish dinner at noon.After cooking a pot of beans, how long can I keep it on warm?
Just turn it off. Beans stay hot for a long, long time - which is really handy for potluck suppers.After cooking a pot of beans, how long can I keep it on warm?
I propose to keep it cooking if you'r going to just leave it until noon...170 degrees is the baseline that food needs to be in so that it's free from any bacteria that can poison people..



Just leave it there and eat it at noon... make sure after eating, the beans should be cooled off and can be stored within 1 hour.



Just remember this +170=serving and -40 when storing



take care
I have cooked pinto beans and baby lima's over night in a slow cooker and had them for supper the that night.that should be no diff. If the temp. stays above 140 and you keep a lil water in them they will be fine.(though they will turn to mush after too long)

No comments:

Post a Comment